Yesterday I got a message from Webfaction saying I should update WordPress since this version was insecure. It took me about 30 minutes and went pretty well. I realized I hadn’t written anything in ages so I figured I’d start by describing how I’d managed to resolve the issues in my last post “Mac Use Christmas Wish List”.
- I still haven’t seen anything that will let me tile multiple application windows with a simple keystroke. I’d like to be able to do this with Finder windows most often.
- I’m still looking for an application to move application windows from the 27″ monitor to the laptop monitor and show them all within the screen boundaries.
- I’m using SizeUp to resize and move windows using only key bindings. There are other applications that do this too. None of them allow me to change the window size from anywhere besides the lower right corner.
- I’ve given up on help docs being useful on the Mac. 99% of them are a waste of effort.
- I’ve since learned that I can open applications in the background from the terminal or even make some applescripts to do it but having apps open in the background should be the default behavior or should be configurable in the system preferences.
- I’m kind of stoked on the App Store as a way to universally update my applications. Sadly I’ve been buying and installing applications for 4 years before the App Store was available.
If I ever solve any of these issues I’ll tweet and blog about them right here.